Donors like you have made our Foundation a success
The University Hospitals Kingston Foundation was created in 2005 as the joint fundraising arm of Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston General Hospital and Providence Care. On July 1st, 2014, UHKF amalgamated with the foundations at each of the hospitals, creating the new UHKF organization, responsible for fundraising, granting, distribution and reporting.
In May 2014, UHKF became one of the first 100 Canadian nonprofits and charities (and the sixth hospital foundation) to receive accreditation through the Imagine Canada Standards Program. This program is designed to demonstrate compliance with 73 industry standards in five key areas: board governance, financial accountability and transparency, fundraising, staff management and volunteer involvement.
Exceptional health care made possible by fully engaged, generous people and communities.
Inspiring generosity for the health of our families, our region and beyond.
In our work together, we will demonstrate that we value:
- Generosity – a readiness or liberality in giving
- Excellence – a state of extremely high quality
- Integrity – a firm adherence to a code of ethical and professional values
- Collaboration – working in cooperation with each other to create or achieve the same thing
- Resourcefulness – the ability to act effectively or imaginatively, especially in difficult situations
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your Charitable Registration?
Our Charitable Registration number is 820218147RR0001
- Where can I find UHKF’s Annual Reports?
Click here for our Year-end Update and the annual reports for Kingston’s hospitals.
- Where can I find UHKF’s Financial Statement?
Click here for our Financial Statement
- How do I view UHKF’s Registered Charitable Return?
Click here to find our Registered Charitable Return filed with the Canada Revenue Agency. It includes Detailed Financial Information and Disbursements to Qualified Donees.
- Who is on your Board of Directors?
Click here to find a list of our Board of Directors.
- Where can I find copies of UHKF’s Policies affecting my gift?
Click here to see our Privacy, Gift Acceptance and Investment policies. Because UHKF disburses all funds raised it has no long term investments. For information on other specific policies please contact the office at 613-549-5452.