The University Hospitals Kingston Foundation (UHKF) is grateful for our generous community. Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) and Providence Care continues to provide innovative, compassionate care close to home – all thanks to your donations through UHKF!
This year, your donations made the following possible:
- More than 51 pieces of equipment, with a combined value in excess of $3 million, have been approved for purchase by KHSC and Providence Care. Items include mammography units, digital baby scales, ultrasounds, vital signs monitors, wheelchairs, NICU equipment, voice-activated technology for spinal cord patients, radiation therapy equipment and more!
- More than 80 staff and departments were honoured for their skill, dedication, compassion, enthusiasm, daily presence, and prayers through UHKF’s Honour Your Caregiver program.
- KHSC and Providence Care staff received additional training in areas such as infection prevention and control, nursing, pulmonary rehabilitation, skin and wound care, diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology, mental health initiatives including cognitive assessment training and depression, and more.
- Donor-powered research is taking place in lung cancer, allergy, chronic pain management, diabetes, respirology, pathology, seniors mental health and more.
- UHKF received more than 2,540 gifts that honoured the memory of loved ones. Together, the gifts total more than $335,000.
- UHKF received more than 87 gifts in celebration of birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions.
- More than 49 community events/groups raised a combined total of more than $632,000 in support of KHSC and Providence Care.
- This year, your donations helped support the purchase of patient care items for KHSC and Providence Care. Items include art supplies and activity kits for inpatients, Providence Manor programs and Detox Centre patients, supplies for the Child Life Program, Cancer Centre patient supports and so much more!
- Since its inception, donations through UHKF's annual Benefit Dinner (formerly known as The Founders’ Dinner) have raised more than $1.3 million.
Your gifts are transforming health care in our community – thank YOU!